Satisfied with Second Place
Behavior: Specific attitudes and actions of this child at home and/or at school.
- Can always identify classmate who is first.
- Won't really compete against first-place student.
- Usually believes he/she is only worthy of second place. Though a top student, seems to have a sense of inferiority.
- May fear failure.
- Sees accepting second place as security against having to keep first place.
- Reveals this stance in many situations: academics, sports, getting in line.
- Seems to make no comparison between him/herself and others, which is a healthy stance. However, always talks of being behind first-place student, and this alters his/her self-concept.
- May idolize-or resent-first-place student.
- Often very well liked.