Behavior: Specific attitudes and actions of this child at home and/or at school.
- Easy to identify. Everything he/she does says, "I'm a rebel."
- Wants to be different.
- Dresses uniquely.
- Does not accept the values of others, especially those in authority.
- Outspoken, bitter, and seems to be against everything.
- Seldom cooperates.
- Always knows what he/she is against, but doesn't always know what he/she favors.
- Thinks others can't understand his/her individuality, are unfair in this regard, and are the cause of his/her unhappiness.
- Though regarded as a troublemaker by students and teachers alike, often does not see him/herself that way.
- May see him/herself as a champion for other students.
- In truth, does not trust anyone very much, including him/herself.