Behavior: Specific attitudes and actions of this child at home and/or at school.
- Generally very bright.
- Has an inflated ego.
- May excel in one area, such as athletics, and be arrogant as a result.
- Often ill-mannered and disrespectful of classmates, teachers, and parents.
- Probably behaves equally badly at home.
- Often questions the purpose of teacher decisions, requests, and/or assignments.
- Will speak out and say things like "This is dumb," or indicate that others don't measure up in some way.
- Always seems to be asking, "Why?" in a belittling manner.
- Often fails to complete routine assignments or comply with basic rules and regulations.
- Questions teacher's knowledge and authority, and will often present facts and ideas in the hope of contradicting the teacher or showing that the teacher's knowledge, performance, or thinking is inadequate.
- Does not appear to like other people.
- Acts superior. However, the key to this behavior is that the student makes him/herself look superior by making others look inferior.