Behavior: Specific attitudes and actions of this child at home and/or at school.
- Isn't learning.
- Falls farther behind in class work every day.
- Displays varying degrees of boredom and indifference. These are the first signs of nonparticipation.
- Fails to bring materials to class or to turn in assignments; becomes preoccupied with other interests. These may be the first overt clues.
- By and large, just sits in class and does nothing.
- Wants attention; actually hopes for teacher attention.
- Suffers from three personal voids: safety, esteem, and self-actualization.