The Noncompleter with
Behavior: Specific attitudes and actions of this child at home and/or at school.
- Never finishes a project.
- Always has assignments close to completion ... but unfinished.
- Never accepts personal responsibility for actions.
- Often has goals that are too high for successful achievement.
- Often demonstrates an attitude of superiority rather than inferiority.
- May frequently urge teacher and classmates to take on a big project-when he/she can't finish a homework assignment.
- Hogs the show when a project is being planned.
- Often begins enthusiastically, but loses interest before the end. This is one of the reasons he/she fails.
- Often criticizes teacher for being unimaginative and failing to accept anything that would be fun.
- Yet, usually leaves his/her own grand plans for others to finish.
- Ridicules the conservative and applauds the grandiose.
- Lacks perspective regarding what's involved in reaching goals.
- Is usually fantasizing when he/she offers ideas.