Behavior: Specific attitudes and actions of this child at home and/or at school.
- Doesn't pay attention in class.
- Doesn't do assignments and, therefore, has poor grades.
- Will not enter into any class discussions, or discussions regarding anything.
- Has a poor sense of self.
- Immature and easily distracted to relatively unimportant matters.
- Has a short attention span.
- Frequently absent, tardy, or both.
- Isolates him/herself socially.
- Generally has a sloppy personal appearance and negative attitude.
- Displays "I don't care" attitude in everything that he/she does.
- In many ways, seems emotionally dead.
- Tends to be slow in physical movements-even in leaving class.
- Doesn't have a lot of friends.
- Personal history is not marked by success.
- May watch TV excessively, or spend time driving or riding in cars.