The Intellectual Show-Off
Behavior: Specific attitudes and actions of this child at home and/or at school.
- Likely to be a good student.
- Receives good grades.
- Wants everyone to know how smart he/she is.
- Seeks attention and admiration via class performances and test scores.
- Acts superior.
- Dominates and disallows others' input.
- Displays competitive behavior-and it carries over into imposition and confrontation.
- Struggles overtly to be accepted and to have good relationships.
- Yet, makes fun of peers who don't know the answer to a question.
- May be very creative.
- Always sees a different way to do something.