Behavior: Specific attitudes and actions of this child at home and/or at school.
- Not interested in anything that is happening in the classroom, and not concerned about what is happening to him/her as a result of this disassociation. "He (she) just doesn't care" seems to be the best description of the indifferent student.
- May be docile or belligerent, quiet or loud, capable or a slow learner.
- Listens to what teacher says, but doesn't respond.
- Doesn't display emotion.
- Not motivated to action by teacher efforts.
- May even tell teacher, "Do whatever you like. It doesn't matter to me."
- One of the hardest children to help in a school situation. Unfortunately, this student will pay a tremendous price for his/her indifference.