"I Won't Do It"
Mistakes: Common misjudgments and errors in managing the child which may perpetuate or intensify the problem.
- Listening too much to excuses.
- Letting this student miss activities rather than pushing him/her.
- Taking this student's behavior personally, or allowing him/her to upset us.
- Feeling that we have to lower standards for this student.
- Misjudging this student's real ability.
- Thinking this behavior is an act of defiance.
- Losing control and physically trying to force this student to meet our demands.