Effects: How behavior affects teachers, classmates, and parents in the school learning environment and the home family situation.
- Teacher may find that disrespect "gets to" him/her in a way that nothing else can, and that it takes a damaging toll. He/she may be unable to respond in any way except by being disrespectful in return.
- Teacher may feel helpless or insignificant.
- Worse, teacher may become hateful.
- Teacher may even become disrespectful toward other teachers-and especially toward administrators for not "taking care of" disrespectful students quickly and harshly.
- Peers who experience disrespect from a classmate have similar feelings. That's why the disrespectful student brings discord into the classroom.