Behavior: Specific attitudes and actions of this child at home and/or at school.
- Reveals disrespect in the classroom in many ways: a pointed look, a sigh, a sneer, or a look of clear disdain.
- Also reveals disrespect by what he/she doesn't do-usually through lack of common courtesy.
- May act as if some people don't even exist.
- May reveal disrespect in the form of ugly words.
- Doesn't think very highly of anyone, including him/herself, even though he/she may act superior.
- Often seems to be expressing frustration.
- May have real problems at home or with friends.
- May have basic primary needs which aren't being met. Appears unable to meet needs in a positive manner. Therefore, turns to disrespect out of frustration, anger, or hostility.