The Con Artist
Effects: How behavior affects teachers, classmates, and parents in the school learning environment and the home family situation.
- Many classmates think the con artist is clever.
- Classmates may encourage the behavior.
- Others may even try to imitate the con artist, and be upset with teacher when conning efforts are unsuccessful or are met with resistance.
- Teacher may become irritated after the fact rather than during the behavior.
- Teacher may receive disrespect as a result of handling the con artist in the wrong way or falling into his/her trap.
- Teacher may feel helpless in working with this student.
- Teacher and classmates may be embarrassed by being conned.
- A climate of distrust exists in the classroom.