The Class Clown
Effects: How behavior affects teachers, classmates, and parents in the school learning environment and the home family situation.
- Attention of teacher and classmates is constantly diverted to the class clown.
- Teacher is upset by his/her inability to channel this student's energy constructively.
- Teacher fears other children may begin imitating the class clown.
- Teacher often becomes upset because this student is not working up to his/her potential.
- Other students are prevented from concentrating.
- Class is either entertained or disgusted by the behavior.
- A real danger can be presented by such behavior in open equipment classes.
- Often, classmates resent the fact that the teacher is spending so much time with the class clown.
- Regaining attention is difficult because some kids linger on the class clown's humor.
- Creating a serious tone in the classroom is difficult.