Behavior: Specific attitudes and actions of this child at home and/or at school.
- May be a student who can't do well, one who has not done as well as he/she should, or one who is being passed reluctantly. Underachievement can mean different things to different teachers.
- Regardless, experiences failure. This is the common thread.
- May be scared.
- May not feel very good about him/herself.
- Susceptible to peer group pressure.
- Likely to be very bored.
- Doesn't accept responsibility.
- Doesn't work up to his/her abilities.
- Has poor study habits and usually doesn't do his/her homework assignments.