The Attention Demander
Effects: How does my child’s behavior affect other people at home and in school?
- Parents and teachers are forced to give additional time to this child.
- Parents often lose track of what they are trying to say.
- At school, concentration of teacher and class is often broken.
- Parents and teachers are antagonized.
- Other children may react by excluding the attention demander from peer groups.
- Other children may begin putting the attention demander down or avoiding him or her at every opportunity.