Effects: How does my child’s behavior affect other people at home and in school?
- Attention is distracted from what is going on.
- Others may be physically threatened by the show-off's behavior.
- At school, teacher may feel that he or she has lost control over the class.
- Other children or siblings may tend to say less because they resent the show-off.
- Time is wasted.
- Competitive situations are set up, which can cause trouble.
- Some kids are amused.
- Some kids may provoke the show-off in order to disrupt class.