Behavior: How exactly is my child behaving?
- Easy to identify. Everything he or she does says, "I'm a rebel."
- Wants to be different.
- Dresses uniquely.
- Does not accept the values of others, especially those in authority.
- Outspoken, bitter, and seems to be against everything.
- Seldom cooperates.
- Always knows what he or she is against, but doesn't always know what he or she favors.
- Thinks others can't understand his or her individuality, are unfair in this regard, and are the cause of his or her unhappiness.
- Though regarded as a troublemaker by children and parents alike, often does not see himself or herself that way.
- May see himself or herself as a champion for other children.
- In truth, does not trust anyone very much, including himself or herself.