Effects: How does my child’s behavior affect other people at home and in school?
- Parents and siblings are irritated.
- Parents have to spend extra "management" time with this child.
- At school, classroom activities invariably slow down.
- Classroom enthusiasm and momentum are lost when time is spent dealing with this child's failure to meet obligations and commitments.
- Peers become resentful.
- Parents' credibility is undermined.
- Parents may feel that this child just doesn't care about anything.