"I Don't Care"
Behavior: How exactly is my child behaving?
- Always says, "I don't care" to anyone who will listen.
- Says, "I don't care" nonverbally too—through behavior and attitudes.
- Usually fails to take materials to school.
- Doesn't do homework or other chores.
- Shows disgust or lack of interest in activities all the time.
- Makes up any kind of excuse that he or she thinks will work in the situation, especially "I forgot."
- Doesn't follow directions.
- Doesn't listen.
- Doesn't do well academically.
- Often, in trouble in more than one class—and out of school as well.