Behavior: How exactly is my child behaving?
- Plays a game of being perfect with adults. Displays attitudes and actions that portray him or her as perfect when, just like any child, he or she is not.
- Tells people exactly what they want to hear.
- Perfect in the presence of authority. Not so perfect when authority is not present.
- Often reprimands other children or siblings in the presence of others.
- Defensive and hurt when confronted.
- Pushes rules, but denies ever having broken any.
- Always alludes to innocence—in thought and deed.
- In some situations, acts naive if confronted.
- Goes to great lengths to show how "goody-goody" he or she is.
- Likes seeing other children or siblings "nailed to the wall."